I am all about simple home-made food. Any unpretentious ingredients may work as long as you have the right spices to go with them. This simple veggie roast is a typical dish I would prepare on an ordinary evening – it’s quick to put together and so very delicious!
There is something comforting in preparing your food after a long exhaustive day… It gives you time to relax your mind and appreciate those little things around you… like the lonely aubergine that has been sitting around my kitchen for the longest time ;)
So there it happened, the easiest most satisfying dinner in my life!
1 large aubergine
500 grams of mushrooms
2-3 medium potatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic
4-5 tbsp vegetable oil
100-200 grams of semi-hard cheese*
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp marjoram
Salt to taste
*Any cheese similar to gouda, edam or even parmigiano and grana padano will do a wonderful work, or you can skip this ingredient at all.
- Pre-heat you oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Chop the mushrooms, potatoes and aubergine into medium-sized pieces. I have actually sliced the potatoes into thinner slices so that they got cooked well.
- Put them in a deep baking tray
- Mix the spices and the vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil) with your vegatbles
- Cook for 40 minutes
- Once ready, take out of the oven and grade some hard cheese on top. Do wait for a few minutes, the dish will cool down a bit and the cheese won’t melt completely.
Serve warm and enjoy! :)
Let me know what your quick and simple recipes are!